Our offices have been closed since March 18 and the NewBridge staff has been working remotely. We’ve been able to help hundreds of local older adults. Check out our weekly impact report below. We continue to see needs increase as our older adults are isolated in their homes. For more information about the services we are providing, click here.
– 39 Case Management Calls
– 284 Older Adults receiving Food Bridge Deliveries (groceries from a food pantry)
– 19 Necessity Kit Deliveries (cleaning and hygiene items)
– 1,079 Take-Out Meals
-Difficult not to be able to spend time with family during Mother’s Day.
– Frustrated by not being able to get unemployment and SSDI at the same time. – Angered by protesters carrying guns and at politicians for only looking out for big corporations and wealthy people.
– Challenged with Social Security and DMV Office being closed.
– Confused if medical appointments are taking place or canceled.