Programs are developed for African American and Latinx older adults. The program’s goal is to reduce isolation and identifies the barriers that prevent these older adults from accessing community services and assists in removing these obstacles. Programs focus on socialization and health education. Monthly programs and support groups are provided for program participants to increase their knowledge and ability to maintain or improve their health and safety. Latinx programs are offered in Spanish only. (El Programa de Diversidad para la Cultura Latinx)
These programs are free for African American and Latinx older adults (55+) who live in Dane County.
What type of programs are offered?
- Discussion and support groups
- Health, wellness and social programs
- Referrals to a Case Manager
- Limited transportation is available to attend programs
- El Programa de Diversidad para la Cultura Latinx