Cultural Diversity Program
The primary goal for the cultural diversity program is to reduce isolation for African American and Latinx older adults. The program identifies the barriers that prevent African American and Latinx older adults from accessing community services and assists in removing these obstacles. (El Programa de Diversidad para la Cultura Latinx)
Programs center around socialization and building a sense of community. Older adults increase their knowledge of community resources and become comfortable attending community events. All African American and Latinx older adults (55 years and older) who reside in Dane County are welcome to attend.
What services are offered through the Program?
- Monthly African American and Latinx discussion groups
- Health and wellness programs, (e.g. fall prevention & healthy eating)
- Social programs to reduce isolation
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Limited transportation is available to attend programs
- Referrals to a focal point case manager (throughout Dane County)
- El Programa de Diversidad para la Cultura Latinx